Institute has formulated a Code of Conduct to improve the development of students, teachers and staffs and the institute as a whole by creating an effective teaching–learning atmosphere. It promotes the professional behavior and academic integrity. The reputation of institute depends on the academic performance as well as on behavior of the students. Our Motto is to emerge as a Centre of Academic Excellence in creating and disseminating knowledge and providing students a unique learning experience in Science, Technology in the light of Swamiji’s vision and providing students an environment for all round development, nurture them for a successful career as well as to contribute to the betterment of the society.The purpose of this code of conduct is to make the students and teachers familiar about the rules and regulations of the institute and to progress towards the achievement of the mission and vision of the institute.
Code of Conduct for Students:
- All the students should follow a formal dress code and the prescribed dress code in 4th year for attending recruitment drives.
- All are required to attend all classes regularly
- Students who will fail to attend 75% attendance will not be allowed for examination.
- Should maintain discipline and silence in the premises
- Cell phones should be switched off while in the classrooms, labs or in library and are strictly prohibited in the exam hall.
- Internet/ wi-fi to be used only for academic purposes
- All students should wear identity card while on the premises and should carry with them all the time
- Any type of malpractice is strictly prohibited
- No student shall leave the premises before the college timing without the prior permission of HOD/class teacher
- Hostel students should take prior written permission of Principal and Hostel Warden for night out.
- Students should switch off ACs, lights and fans whenever not required or before leaving the class room
- Ragging is strictly prohibited in the institute, hostel and surroundings.
- Any student if found guilty of or abetting, actively or passively or being part of a conspiracy to promote ragging will be punished as per the law.
- Students should not indulge in any kind of malpractice during examination.
- Students will respect all staff and fellow students, juniors and students of other colleges on campus.
- Smoking, tobacco consumption and littering is strictly prohibited on the campus.
- Students should show respect towards National Flag, National Anthem, National Symbols etc. Students should exhibit and promote patriotism, nationalism, communal harmony, religious brotherhood and fellow feeling.
- All the students should maintain the discipline and obey the instructions given by higher authority time to time. Any student found exhibiting prohibited act mention in this code of conduct shall invite disciplinary action.
Code of Conduct for Teachers:
- Teachers and Staffs should strictly follow the working hours of the institute. But if required shall stay beyond working hours for some definite purpose.
- Everyone will work within the frame-work of organizational structure and hierarchy with policies and directions as may be given by the Management from time to time apart from teaching assignments.
- Employee of SVIST will not undertake any other business work either on payment or otherwise or private coaching.
- Smoking and tobacco consumption is strictly prohibited on the campus.
- Teachers and staffs are expected to improve their knowledge base through continuous learning, execution of industry projects and conduct of seminar, workshop etc.
- They shall maintain peaceful and cohesive environment for fellow colleges and students.
- Teachers should show respect towards National Flag, National Anthem, National Symbols etc. Teachers should exhibit and promote patriotism, nationalism, communal harmony, religious brotherhood and fellow feeling.