Polytechnic in Mechanical Engineering ( ME )
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Polytechnic in ME (3 Years) is a discipline of engineering that applies the principles of physics and materials science for analysis, design, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems. Diploma in Mechanical Engineering seeks to provide more accessible and quality education and training to manufacturing or production personnel to meet the real work needs of manufacturing or production industry and prepare them for the changes in techniques, technologies, markets and employment patterns. This Diploma is equivalent to Diploma offered by the Technical Education System and is equivalent to any of the similar diplomas offered by and other university/polytechnic in India. Time duration is three years.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is a 3 year polytechnic course that can be pursued by students after class 10. Diploma in Mechanical Engineering deals with design, manufacture and maintenance of mechanical equipment by applying the basic principles of mechanics.
Mechanical Diploma or Mechanical Engineering polytechnic courses are offered to the candidates immediately after their 10th or equivalent exam. The eligibility for Mechanical diploma courses are a minimum score of 55% marks in class 10. A relaxation of 5% is provided to the candidates belonging to the reserved categories.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering: Course Details
- The duration of the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is 3 years.
- The candidates can pursue Diploma in Mechanical Engineering immediately after their 10th entrance exam.
- The entry to Mechanical engineering polytechnic course is either based on merit list or entrance exam.
- The top entrance exams for Diploma in Mechanical engineering are JEECUP, JEXPO, Odisha DET, etc.
- The top recruiters for the Mechanical engineering Diploma courses are Bajaj, Ford, Honda, NTPC, BHEL Hindustan Unilever, L&T, Ashok Leyland, etc.
- Candidates who have high aptitude and interest in machines, advanced mechanics, robotics should pursue this course.
- Candidates after completion of the course are accepted in different job profiles such as Mechanical Engineer, Manufacturing Manager, Sanction Head, Sales Engineer, Mechanical Technician, etc.
- The average salary of Mechanical Diploma Holders range between INR 20000-INR 500000.
|Full-Form||Diploma In Mechanical Engineering|
|Diploma In Mechanical Engineering Examination Type||Year Wise/Semester wise|
|Diploma In Mechanical Engineering Admission Process||Entrance exam / Merit Based|
|Diploma In Mechanical Engineering Subjects||Theory of Machines, Fluid Mechanics and Machine, Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Material, etc.|
About Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Course
The increased drive for automation in the operation process of industries and the need for newer variants of machines has led to the increased demand in technicians and mechanical supervisors around the world. The Mechanical Diploma Holders are generally engaged in supervisory categories in different industries . The diploma in Mechanical Engineering Syllabus is designed in such a way so that the students are able to handle different technical issues in Mechanics accordingly.
What is Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is about the study of Mechanical parts and devices.
- After completing the course students will be able to handle, repair, and design the Vehicle Engines, Engine or Watercraft, and Aircraft.
- The course teaches students the concept of industrial equipment machinery, kinetics, fluid mechanics, and Robotics.
Who should Study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
- Candidates who have interest in studying engineering and its related field should take up the course.
- Candidates who want to pursue a career as a Hardware engineer should take up the course.
- Students who wish to build upon their knowledge of different topics of mathematics and physics such as materials, solid mechanics, thermodynamics, product design, etc in higher secondary level should take up the course.
- Candidates who want to pursue career as a industrial engineer can take up the course.
- Students who have a career planned in robotics, automobile manufacturing, aerospace engineering should take up the course.
- Ethical and passionate candidates who have planned to start their own business should take up the course.
- This course is also effective for candidates who wish to gain a certificate in mechanical engineering in a comparative shorter period of time, and be job ready.
Why study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
- Students can join B. Tech direct from the second year after completion of the course
- Students get job easily in the government and Private sector
- Students learn Designing and Maintaining mechanical parts
- The students also have a chance to join the aviation industry as a technician in the Airlines.
- Students become trained and have the skills to start their own initiative as Mechanics and start their own research lab.