Education is the manifestation of the perfection already in man.
Swami Vivekananda Institute of Science and Technology , a non-profit-making trust has been set up to promote the technological and professional institution of high standards and to encourage research and training activities so that the students, conferred to the degree can not only the professional challenges but also all the challenges life has to offer confidently. In this era of economic liberalizations, globalizations and technological super advancement our effort is to put quality education in the light of Swamiji’s vision of spreading education throughout the society.
Features of the Institutes:
- High standards of Education & study.
- Highly experienced and dedicated faculty members.
- Modern teaching paraphernalia in AC Classrooms.
- Training to students for multiple skill acquisition.
- Affordable course fees as per the Govt. of West Bengal Rules and guidelines.
- Research orientation.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity.
- 1:1 internet connected to all computers with 3 mbps speed.
- Extra-curriculum activities.
Support services for students:
- Bank loan.
- Orientation Programs.
- Student mentoring.
- Career & Placement services.
- Book-Bank facility.
- Separate Hostels for Boys and Girls.
- Medical facility.
Vision, Mission & Goal
Our vision is to train the students to become quality executive with high standard professionalism as well as morality and ethics using our excellent resources, infrastructural and technological support in all the professional streams. Similarly we also believe in all round development of the students personality. In this era of economic liberalization, globalization and technological super-advancement our effort is to put quality education in the light of Swamiji’s vision of spreading education throughout the society.
Our mission is to harmonize the traditional values of India with the new values brought through the progress of science and technology and bring forth an all round development of the students with focus on innovation and improvement. Propagation of advanced and modern education on the firm ground of our own philosophy and culture is our motto. We strive to make the college a centre of excellence and satisfaction with the highest levels of academic standard.
What we Plan to Achieve:
- Reach: Recruit and retain a diverse group of students from pre-school to university & post graduate level.
- Values: Continuously evaluate and increase the quality and relevance of academic content and performance standards in the core subjects for pre-school, grades 1 through 12 and university education.Enhance the quality of student life by providing professional development opportunities and promoting a sense of community among students.
- Achievement: Ensure that all students are performing at a standard level or higher. Ensure that the assignments are done correctly in the first instance.
- Evaluation: Ensure that all students receive the same standards-based evaluation, grades 1 through 12 and university education, also to ensure that a small number of exceptional needs for students must be addressed using appropriate alternative means to determine achievement and progress for all.
- Dr. Ashoke Binaykia MS and a renowned surgeon of Kolkata with an experience of running two 100 bedded multispecialty hospitals as Managing Director for last 20 years. He is associated with renowned organization e.g. Swami Vivekananda Institute of Science & Technology as its chairman and with Innova Biotech Industry and AB Technology Pvt. Ltd., as managing Director respectively.
- Dr. Nandan Gupta
- Dr. Nandan Gupta MBBS, MBA, (IIM) : is the Secretary of Swami Vivekananda Institute of Science & Technology. He was Health Finance Consultant in Strategic Planning and Sector Reform Cell of Govt. of West Bengal. He is the Director of BDRC and Medview Service Pvt .Ltd.
- Dr. Gupta is also the President of Burdwan Institute of Management and Computer Science and the Vice – President of Oriental Association For Education & Research that runs one school and three colleges.
- Mr. Chandan Gupta
- Ms. Tapati Gupta
- Ms. Ila Binaykia
- Ms. Madhu Jain
Approved by AICTE & Affiliated to WBUT ISO 9001 : 2008 Certified National Enterpreneurship Network (NEN) Certified Institute The SVIST Team is committed to providing an efficient and effective quality education that meets the highest standards of delivery. Predetermined standards are adhered to that are monitored through our Quality Assurance Strategy. Delivery of the education will be in accordance with principles of: high standards high expectations affiliation value for money Planning of teachers training sessions aims to ensure that they: are relevant to teachers s in fulfilling their role are interactive have aims and a structure use a variety of appropriate activities and training methods provide supporting materials begin and end sessions punctually are led by a team of tutors with expert knowledge of the subject matter
Governing Board Members
|Prof. Manoj Ghosh, Chairman||B.E. (Electronics), Ph.D|
|Prof. Sajal Dasgupta||DTE , Govt. of WB|
|Prof. T.K.Parya||Representative WBUT|
|Regional Office - A.I.C.T.E||Nominated by A.I.C.T.E|
|Dr.Ashok Binaykia, Trustee||MBBS, MD|
|Dr.Sarashi Mohon Dan - Registar||Ph.D|
|Mr. Chandan Gupta, Trustee||BE, PGDBM|
|Mr. Nandan Gupta, Trustee||MBBS, PGDBM|
|Mr.Rakesh Binaykia, Trustee||MBBS|
|Mr.Indranil Das, Director IBM||BE, PGDBM|
|Dr.Sonali Sarkar, Principal SVIST||B.Tech, M.Tech, Ph.D|
|Dr.Pinak Pani Nath, Faculty , SVIST||M.Sc., Ph.D|
|Mr.Dipankar Ghosh, Faculty , SVIST||B.Tech, M.Tech|
Certification & Disclosure
- The college is approved by the statutory authority, All India Council for Technical Education whose norms governs the Engineering and Technological Education in India.
- The College is affiliated to the West Bengal University of Technology which designs the syllabi and conducts the examination of Private Engineering Colleges in West Bengal.
ISO 9001:2008 CERTIFIED
National Enterpreneurship Network (NEN) CERTIFIED INSTITUTE
- The Institute is among the very few Private Engineering Colleges in West Bengal where IEEE student chapter has been formed and working actively.
- The Institute is among the very few Private Engineering Colleges in West Bengal where ISHRAE student chapter will be shortly formed by active participation of Faculty and Students.
- The Institute is among the very few Private Engineering Colleges in West Bengal where students are being trained by PURPLE LEAP (Pearson Educom Group) for Industry Certification in the courses ORACLE, JAVA, EMBEDDED SYSTEMS and ROBOTICS.